a better squid?

 So, I saw this the other day...


It would appear that the folks at Chasebaits have significantly raised the bar with their Ultimate squid on what a plastic squid should be. Color me all kinds of impressed.

 

Pretty as well.

I've owned about a kazillion lures that looked like they'd be the chosen plat du jour for mahi, tuna, and wahoo but never quite delivered on their fetching promise. Being something of a conundrum as my admittedly ugly and beat to hell cedar plug catches fish on a regular basis which leads me to believe that looks are not the the whole deal.

So, the questions I have about these squid is how they'll perform being trolled behind a sailboat at 3 - 7 knots alongside a cedar plug and a ubiquitous cheap squid (you know the sort) for comparison.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they will work and I'll let you know how it goes.

More come soon.

Comments