Why I just may be building in a gun rack aboard in the not too distant future...

I've not been fishing much of late. Which is the downside of being in a place where ciguatera is a far too common fact of life. It also accounts for the lack of posts...

That said, being that, in the not too distant future, I will be sailing in places where ciguatera is much less of a problem I've been in the process of  sorting out, repairing/replacing, and updating the fishing/spearfishing gear on "So It Goes". Or what I call doing the need/want two step.

Right now the question I keep asking myself is do I need a new speargun because it's a sure thing that I really want one. Seriously have you had a chance to look at the new Koah roller guns?


The word a-w-e-s-o-m-e does spring to mind. Talk about power to spare...

Of course, there's a downside to having spearguns aboard in the Caribbean that are not in the disposable price range and, running between $800 to $900, these Koah guns are anything but disposable. So, at least for the near future, I just don't see myself with a roller gun as the more prudent path to stick to triggerless spearfisihing  (sling and a quiver of pole spears) for the time being...

Then again, I'm pretty sure all bets are off once we're back into to the South Atlantic and Pacific...

Comments