Some serious Mojo...

I've never really understood the fixation that a lot of folks have for buying fly reels over a certain price range. Off hand I'd say it was more akin to Leica collectors and suchlike, rather than a need for a better reel.

Which is not to say that every once in a while I get just that little tinge of gear lust for a neat reel as well as a splash of envy... In this case, how could you not suffer a momentary lapse from happily casting my current cheap graphite reel and lust after the Mojo 425? Truth is, they kinda had me at the word M-O-J-O...

Of course, I'm more than happy with my current choice of graphite knock-around reel as it works so well I just can't see much of an improvement in my fishing technique by spending a whole lot of money...

How much money you ask?

Well, my current reel of choice costs a whopping $30 and if you add a couple of spare spools at $15 you have a grand total of $60... Hey, it works for me!

The Mojo 425 reel, on the other hand,  goes for $690 and a couple of spare spools would add another $680 so total would be somewhere in the region of $1370... Not exactly blue collar budget territory!

I'd really love to do a side by side test of the Okuma, Diesel (to cleanse the palate), and Mojo just to see how they perform and see what exactly a $1310 difference in performance there actually is...

Comments