Lobster snares... DIY or buy?

Most of the lobster I have caught over the years have been of the use-a-funky-garden-glove-and-grab technique but here abouts lobster snares make a lot of sense as some of the holes are deep...

My current problem is that my snare seems to have gone walkabout. While I'm pretty sure the cats know where it is, they are not talking... What's a poor boy to do?

Well, I could buy one for about $45...


Or, I could cobble one out of hardware store bits and pieces for less than five dollars... What do you think Mr Cheapseats is going to do?

Ace hardware had all the bits. Some 1/2 inch PVC pipe, some end bits, some stainless cable, and some soft vinyl tubing.


The bill came to a bit less than $5...


Putting it all together was dead simple and it took all of fifteen minutes to do the deed...


Not exactly rocket science...


 Of course Buffy helped...


Doing the happy dance!

Comments